– 56 register selections
– User selectable hardware communications
* RS-485 / RS-422
* Passive tap (Hi-Z)
– Serial output of all data or exceptions to printers, computers, modems and DVRs
– Programmable time-stamp on exception output
– Time/Date Searchng with Compatible DVR
– Universal time/date format
– 100 lines exception history buffer
– 16 triggered text associated with 16 alarms
– Large data buffers for input/output to accommodate newer, faster registers
– 2 built-in alarm outputs
– Powerful data filtering algorithms
– Easy on-screen menu-driven setup and programming
– Auto baud rate detection
– 24 field programmable exceptions with numeric range
– On-screen flagging of exceptions with asterisk or reverse text
– Programmable alarm outputs.
– Alarm input for drawer open, safe open, etc.
– Programmable delayed screen blanking
– Choice of 1 to 11 lines displayed on-screen
– On-screen titler up to 40 characters
– Gray scale and border selection from front panel
– Built-in test mode
– Built-in cash register demo
– Upload/download programming to a PC or another VSI-Pro
– Data captured either to the memory or to the serial port
– Local Firmware Downloadable
– Local / Remote Programming via PC Software
– Supports Hydra/Regcom/Networker/Vnetworker networking communications products
- REDUCE FRAUD AND THEFT BY EMPOLYEES CHARGING INCORRECTLY.
- Comes with TM-88 software cable and mains power supply
- When a transaction is started, data is generated and sent to the VSI-PRO from the cash register. The VSI-Pro overlays this data on top of the normal camera picture and also sends a signal that activates the DVR. The VSI-PRO links the data with the picture. On the monitor screen you will the cashier and the product being sold and the price charged for that product. This allows visual comparison of the physical items being scanned into the register and the actual register data of the transaction overlaid on the screen..
- The Video Serial Interface (VSI-Pro) allows characters to be inserted into any video source via an RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 link. This allows cash registers, computers, scales, pole displays, printers or any RS-232 / RS-485 / RS-422 communicating device to display alpha-numerics in the video picture of any CCTV system. Simple front panel push-buttons allow the user to simply program all functions and features of the VSI-Pro. This includes characters position, gray scale and a wide variety text processing function including exceptions and alarming features. When used in conjunction with AVE’s extensive line of adapters this device can connect to any Point of Sale / ECR (Electronic Cash Register) or periphal on the market today. Now available the TCPIP232 Adapter for interfacing to Ethernet LAN networks to capture common printer data or monitor any single register transactions. The VSI-Pro can be used to trigger switchers, time lapse VCRs, DVRs, remote transmission devices or other alarming devices via the 2 hardwired open collector alarm outputs.
- The VSI-Pro also has an additional RS-232 output that can send the formated ASCII text to a DVR that can store the data as an electronic file in addition to inserted in the actual video image. The Exception Processor of the VSI-Pro provides the intelligence to bring questionable or exceptional transactions to view for the user. This allows the user to quickly and easily review employee transactions to identify fraud and theft transactions at the cash register. When used with a compatible DVR, the VSI-Pro will command the DVR to automatically search to the transaction in question for instant review of the recorded video. With the new “Scroll Matching” feature, users can easily set and erase scrolling advertising messages from the customer display but always record the valid transactions.